For every day I prefer a lighter dressing, but for special occasions this vegan Caesar sauce is one of my favorites. The Caesar sauce is one of the most popular and sold in the world, it is very creamy, has a lot of flavor and achieves  ;that even people who don’t like green eat salads.
Some time ago I shared a vegetarian version of this sauce on the blog (the original has anchovies) and I remember that a vegan guy asked me how he could make a vegan version. At that time I thought it would be almost impossible to veganize it because I didn’t know how to substitute the egg and Parmesan cheese, but if I’ve learned anything since I’ve been vegan, it’s that there is no recipe that can’t be veganized, no matter how difficult it may seem and Best of all, the vegan version is usually even tastier, or at least it seems that way to me.
- 1 cucharada de semillas de lino o linaza + 3 cucharadas de agua
- 1 diente de ajo
- 2 pepinillos en vinagre
- 8 cucharadas de queso Parmesano vegano*
- 6 cucharadas de aceite de oliva virgen extra
- 1 cucharada de zumo de limón
- 1 cucharada de salsa de soja o tamari
- 1 cucharada de vinagre de Módena
- 1 cucharadita de mostaza
- Pimienta al gusto
- Sal al gusto (opcional)
- Put the flax seeds into the blender And the water. Whisk and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk again until fully incorporated.
- Store the sauce in the fridge.
* If you don’t want to make vegan Parmesan cheese, you can substitute nutritional yeast or brewer’s yeast. Add it little by little until the sauce has the perfect flavor for you.