A quick and easy green salad with shredded carrots, roasted BBQ sweet potato croutons, fresh parsley and a tangy 5-Minute Caesar Dressing. Only 30 minutes needed!
- 1 lot
Barbecue Roasted Sweet Potato Croutons (OR 2 roasted sweet potatoes, baked and then chopped) span>
- 2 < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredient-unit" >Heads Ros lettuce hearts (rinsed , dried, roughly chopped // ~10 heaping cups chopped as original recipe is written)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- 1 cup grated or thinly sliced carrots li>
- 2 < span class=" wprm-recipe-ingredient-unit">soup Nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/2 cup simple hummus (store bought or DIY )
- 1 ½ TL spicy mustard (we used a mix of grainy and spicy // you can use either )
- 1/2 cc Lemon Zest span>
- 2 < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredient -unit">soup lemon juice
- 2 < span class= "wprm-rec ipe-ingredients-unit">cc capers (chopped)
- 1-2 TL Caper brine juice
- 3 -4 span> Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 a healthy pinch of each sea salt + pepper (more to taste)
- 1-2 TL Maple syrup < /span>
- 1 cc Olive oil (optional // omit if oil-free)< /li> ul>
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. In a small mixing bowl, combine the hummus, spicy mustard, lemon zest and juice, chopped capers + brine, chopped garlic, salt, pepper, maple syrup and lemon juice, olive oil (optional) and stir to combine. If necessary, dilute with a little water until it is free-flowing and stir with a whisk until creamy and smooth (see photo).
- taste and taste adjust adding more salt and pepper as needed, lemon juice for acidity, lemon zest for a vibrant citrus flavor, minced garlic for zing, capers for “sea” flavor, maple syrup for sweetness, or mustard for spiciness. div> /li>Next, prepare the remaining ingredients, including romaine lettuce, parsley, and grated carrots. Then transfer everything to a platter or bowl and top with sweet potatoes and nutritional yeast (optional).< span style=" display:block ;">Add dressing and toss or serve on the side. This salad keeps best when the dressing is separated from the greens. Store leftovers separately: lettuce keeps for 2-3 days, dressing for 4-5 days. Not suitable for the freezer.