It’s been a long time since I’ve created a burger recipe, I felt like I had done the trick. And above all, I don’t really make my own vegetable steaks like before. Now I eat Beyond Meat steaks more often when making burgers! I really adore them. And I couldn’t see myself being offered a burger recipe with a steak that wasn’t homemade! But I wanted to share my tartar sauce recipe with you, so I incorporated it into this half-homemade half-store-bought burger. It reflects the way I actually prepare my burgers for the last few years actually 😉
- vegan mayonnaise < !---->– 200 (mL)
- fresh tarragon – 2 (càs)
- fresh chives – 2 (càs)
- capers (càs)
- pickle – 4
- lemon juice – 1 (càs)
- mustard – 1 (cc)
- burger bun – 2
- vegan cheddar cheese – 2 (slices)
- lettuce – 3 (leaves)
- vegetable steak – 2
- Prepare the tartar sauce: ax capers, tarragon and gherkins, finely chop the chives. Mix everything together with the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Prepare the caramelized onions: peel and slice the onions. In a saucepan, heat the margarine (or oil), and sweat the onions. Lower the heat to medium and let the onions cook and color slowly. When they are golden brown, add the maple syrup and cook again until you get a caramel color. Season with a little salt.
- Grill the vegetable steaks in a pan. When both sides are grilled, place a slice of vegan cheese on each and turn off the heat. Put a lid on your pan and let the cheese melt covered while you prepare the rest.
- Cut the burger buns in half and toast the two halves.
- Slice the lettuce coarsely.
- On both parts of your burger buns, place a large spoonful of tartar sauce. On the bottom part, then add lettuce, then the steak with the vegan cheese, caramelized onions and close with the other part of the bread! It’s ready!