When I was little I loved the black pudding and especially the chorizo, especially at barbecues and celebrations, I preferred to stop eating anything else and make room for them. The bad thing is that they have never suited me very well, they were very difficult for me to digest and in fact I had to stop taking them before I stopped eating meat.
This black pudding is the perfect alternative because it is much more digestible and it is also vegan. The original recipe is from Dimensión Vegana, one of our favorite vegan blogs in Spanish, they have spectacular recipes and they are experts in veganizing anything, in addition, the recipes are accompanied by videos and they have a very fun radio program that you can find on your website.
- 150 gramos de frijoles, porotos o alubias negras cocidos
- 40 gramos de arroz cocido
- 1/2 cebolla
- 50 gramos de harina de trigo (lo ideal es utilizar gluten, pero nosotros no teníamos)
- 40 gramos de pan rallado
- 2 cucharaditas de ajo en polvo
- 1/2 cucharadita de sal
- 1/2 cucharadita de pimienta negra
- Aceite de oliva virgen extra al gusto
- Papel film
- Whip the beans strong> with one or two tablespoons of the cooking broth until a paste is obtained. We cooked them, but they can be from a can.
- Cut the onion very finely and fry it in a pan with a little oil.
- In a bowl, mix the bean paste, the cooked rice, onion, wheat flour, bread crumbs, garlic in powder (which you can replace with another spice or eliminate it if you don’t have it), the salt and the black pepper. We knead with our hands until it is completely integrated. Depending on the beans you use, it will be more or less black, don’t worry, because the flavor is the same. You can also add a little black food coloring, although we personally don’t like to use food coloring.
- If the dough is too dry, you can add a little more cooking broth or water and if it is very pasty, more flour. When the dough is soft but does not stick to your hands, it will be at the ideal point. We divide it into two halves and shape our black puddings, wrap them in plastic wrap, to which we will tie a knot on each side, simulating the guts with which they usually wrap the traditional black pudding.
- Cook the blood sausage for about 30 minutes, let them cool, We remove the plastic wrap and we can cook them as we like. We grilled them over and over until they were golden brown.