Although we already have a recipe for vegan and gluten-free banana bread, I wanted to make a version with gluten because it is cheaper and whole wheat flour can be found in any supermarket.
- 3 bananas muy maduras (1 y 1/2 tazas ó 365 g machacadas)
- 2 tazas de harina de trigo integral (240 g)
- 3/4 taza de azúcar moreno, de caña o de coco (135 g)
- 1 cucharadita de canela en polvo
- 1 cucharadita de bicarbonato
- 1/4 cucharadita de sal
- 1 huevo de lino
- 1/2 taza de leche vegetal sin endulzar (125 ml), yo usé leche de soja
- 1/3 taza de aceite de coco derretido (85 ml)
- 1 cucharadita de extracto de vainilla, opcional
- Place a wire tray in the third oven and preheat to 350ºF or 180ºC.
- Mash the bananas with a fork. I recommend that you use cups or a scale to measure the amount of banana because the size of one to another can vary. Use 1 and 1/2 cups or 365 g. Reserve.
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients until they are well integrated (flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt).
- Add the rest of the ingredients (bananas, flax egg, milk, oil and vanilla extract). Stir until well combined.
- Grease a 9×5 inch (23×13 cm) rectangular pan or line with parchment paper and bake for about 60-70 minutes (ours was done in 70 minutes). The time may vary depending on the oven. The banana bread is ready when it is golden brown on the outside and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If you see it starting to get too brown on the outside but still raw on the inside, cover it with aluminum foil.
- Remove the banana bread and leave it in the pan for at least 15 minutes, then you can transfer it to a rack. The ideal is to let it cool completely before chopping it, but you can also drink it hot if you want. You can store it at room temperature or in the fridge in an airtight container for about 4-7 days.
- If you use another type of flour or sweetener, you may have to add more or less.
- You can use the type of oil you want .
- If you use a mold with other measures, you may have to increase or reduce the cooking time.