Pumpkin is in season and you have to take advantage of it because you can make very delicious recipes and sweets with it and this vegan and gluten-free pumpkin pie is one of our favorites.
It is so rich that you will love it even if you are not a big fan of pumpkin. Plus, it’s gluten-free, low-fat, and the ingredients are simple. You can use other types of flour or sweeteners, but you may have to add more or less (ideally, look at the photo of the dough so that it has a similar consistency).
- 1/2 taza de harina de arroz integral (70 g)
- 3/4 taza de harina de avena (85 g), sin gluten si es necesario
- 1/2 taza de azúcar moreno, de coco o panela (1oo g)
- 1 y 1/2 cucharaditas de bicarbonato
- 1 cucharadita de canela en polvo
- 1 cucharadita de pumpkin pie spice
- 2 huevos de lino
- 1 cucharada de vinagre de manzana
- 3/4 taza de leche de coco (190 ml)
- 3/4 taza de puré de calabaza (190 ml)
- Frosting vegano saludable (opcional)
- Nueces troceadas y más canela en polvo para decorar (opcional)
- Preheat oven to 200ºC or 390ºF .
- Place dry ingredients in a bowl (brown rice flour, oatmeal, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice) and stir.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the bowl (flax eggs, vinegar, coconut milk, and pumpkin puree) and stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Grease a tart pan with oil (we usually use coconut oil). If you’re using a nonstick, nonstick pan, you can skip this step. In order not to have to pour as much oil, we like to put parchment paper at the base of the mold, this way it is easier to unmold. We use a 22 cm diameter pan (about 9 inches).
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for about 40-45 minutes or until the cake is ready. You can insert a toothpick to check that the dough is not raw.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool completely before unmolding it.
- We decorate the cake with our healthy vegan frosting that we spread with the help of a spoon and we also sprinkle chopped nuts and a little cinnamon powder on top.
- If you have leftover cake, you can keep it covered in the fridge for about 3-4 days.
- Oatmeal can be purchased ready-made or made by churning rolled oats in a glass blender.
- You can use another type of flour or sweetener, although you may have to add more or less (see the step-by-step photo to see how the dough turned out before baking).
- Baking soda could be substituted for yeast, although I can’t tell you the exact amount. If you use yeast, it is likely that the cake will rise more.
- You can use another type of vinegar that does not have a strong flavor or also lemon juice.
- In general, in our recipes always we give the option of using any plant milk, but since this cake has no added fat, it is important to use a high-fat milk, such as coconut milk. If you want to use another, the ideal would be that it was made of some dried fruit or in any case soy milk.
- If you can’t find pumpkin pie spice or you don’t want to prepare it, you can eliminate this ingredient, try the dough and if it lacks flavor, add more cinnamon.
- The nutritional information does not include the frosting, nor the extra nuts and cinnamon for the decoration.
- With the code DANZA-DE-FOGONES-5  ;you will get a 5% discount on any product on the websiteVitality 4 Life a>.