Valentine’s Day is coming up and we wanted to do something special, so we made this vegan and gluten-free chocolate cake that is to die for.
It is very easy to make, you just have to make a chocolate cake, cover it with vegan whipped cream and sprinkle hearts on top to make it more beautiful, although they are not essential, they give it a very special touch. You can also add chocolate chips or whatever comes to mind.
- 1 taza de harina de teff (140 g)
- 1/2 taza de harina de arroz (100 g)
- 1/2 taza de almidón de patata (110 g)
- 1/2 taza de harina de algarroba o de cacao en polvo sin azúcar (50 g)
- 1 cucharadita de levadura química
- 1 cucharadita de bicarbonato
- 2 plátanos
- 1 taza de zumo de naranja (250 ml)
- 1/2 taza de aceite (125 ml)
- 1/4 taza de sirope de agave (85 g)
- 1/2 taza de azúcar de coco (70 g)
- Nata vegetal
- Corazones de chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 355 ºF.
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients (teff flour, rice flour, potato starch, carob or cocoa powder, yeast and baking soda).
- In a blender add the rest of the ingredients and beat until they are perfectly integrated. Pour the mixture into the bowl along with the dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Pour the dough into a cake pan (I used a round one 22 cm in diameter) greased with a little oil or with parchment paper so it doesn’t stick.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until when you insert a wooden stick it comes out dry.
- When the cake is cold, unmold it, pour the cream on top and the chocolate hearts.