Waffles remind me of my childhood. My mom didn’t usually make waffles at home, but she did have them on the go from time to time and loved them. He always asked me for them with strawberry jam or some red fruit, that’s why it seemed like a good idea to prepare some waffles of blueberries that were vegan, gluten-free and in a healthy version.
- Put the oats into a food processor or mixer and mix to obtain oatmeal.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the blueberries) and mix again until you obtain a dough uniform.
- Pour the batter into a bowl, add the blueberries and stir until well combined.
- Put a little oil in a waffle maker to prevent the dough from sticking (according to waffle iron (oil is optional) and preheat it according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Pour the batter into the waffle iron with the help of a spoon and cook for about 7-10 minutes or until golden brown (see notes).
- Serve with your favorite toppings. We add more fresh blueberries and maple syrup.
- You can store the ready-made waffles in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3 days or for 1 month in the freezer .
- Recipe inspired by Deliciously Ella.
- Each waffle iron is different, so the cooking time can vary, mine has 5 heat settings and I usually put it on 2 or 3 and they are usually ready in about 7-10 minutes.
- The amount of batter you need to add depends on the size and shape of your waffle maker. If you use a round waffle maker you will probably have to add more batter because they are usually larger.
- If you want perfect and totally square waffles you have to spread the batter with a spoon to fill more or less the entire surface, if not, simply pour the batter onto the surface of the waffle maker and it will flatten it for you.
- If you don’t use freshly made batter it will thicken, it’s normal, just add a little more milk. You can keep it in the fridge for about 2 days.
- If you don’t have a waffle maker, you can also use oven waffle tins, although since I’ve never used them I wouldn’t be able to tell you the temperature or cooking time, I guess in the mold instructions they will give you some suggestions.
- If you don’t have a waffle maker or waffle tin, don’t worry, you can make delicious vegan pancakes with this dough, just mix the ingredients and follow our recipe de vegan pancakes from step 3.
- You can substitute the syrup for any other sweetener.
- With the code DANZA-DE-FOGONES-5 you will get a 5% discount  ;in any product on the website Vitality 4 Life.