Alioli is one of my favorite sauces, I would say that it is the one I like the most, but it is not exactly light and that is why I almost never made it, until I discovered this vegan alioli. I still can’t believe how tasty and healthy it is because it is oil-free, low-fat and made with natural ingredients.
know that some of you find it difficult to find raw and unsalted cashew nuts, but in some supermarkets, health food stores and markets you can buy them. They are not cheap, but it is not something that we are going to use every day. As this recipe is salty, it may work well with roasted cashews, although I have not tried it, yes, do not buy fried cashews because in general the fried ones are not healthy and they are also usually made with refined oils. If you can’t find cashew nuts, you can make the version with oil that we share in this grilled corn on the cob with vegan green aioli (if you don’t want it green, eliminate the spinach).
- 1 diente de ajo
- 1/2 cucharadita de sal
- 1/4 taza de agua + 2 cucharadas de agua (95 ml)
- 1 cucharada de zumo de limón
- 2/3 de taza de anacardos crudos y sin sal (100 g)
- Soak the cashews overnight .
- The next day we strain them, wash them and put them in a blender along with the rest of the ingredients and beat until they are well integrated. li>
- We can keep it in the fridge in an airtight container for about 4 days.
– To make it easier to digest and have a milder flavor, you can remove the germ from the garlic. Another option is to use garlic powder.
– Instead of lemon juice you can also use a mild vinegar like apple cider vinegar.
– Add more or less water depending on how thick you like your alioli.< br>– Taste it and adjust the salt or add more garlic if necessary.
– I haven’t tried making the recipe in a hand blender, but I think it won’t be as fine a texture.
– If you remove the clove of garlic, you will get a very rich mayonnaise.