Dairy doesn’t sit particularly well with me, especially my skin being revealed, so I’m looking for alternatives that are just as tasty and don’t use rare ingredients that aren’t easily found.
Alfredo pasta is one of my favorites and I saw online that many American blogs were using cauliflower and brewer’s yeast to make a vegan version, so we got down to it. work and the result has been this recipe that is epic, we like it even more than the original!
- 1 diente de ajo
- 1 cucharadita de aceite
- 1 taza de coliflor (100 gramos)
- 3/4 de taza de leche de almendras (175 mililitros)
- Sal y pimienta al gusto
- 1 cucharada de levadura de cerveza
- 1/2 cucharada de zumo de limón
- 120 gramos de espaguetis sin gluten
- In a pan let’s sauté the clove of garlic rolled in a little oil.
- When the garlic starts to brown, add the milk and put it on high heat to boil.
- Add salt, pepper to taste and cauliflower. We lower the heat to medium and leave our sauce on medium heat until it is done. In our case it took 7 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into a blender or food processor along with the brewer’s yeast and lemon juice. Crush.
- Cook the spaghetti in plenty of salted water until they are ready (I recommend you look at the manufacturer’s instructions that usually come on the bag), strain them and We mix them with the sauce in the pan or directly on the plate, as you prefer.