tried tzatziki years ago in a Mediterranean restaurant and it was a crush at first sight. The tzatziki is a typical sauce of Greek and Turkish cuisine, it is refreshing, light and delicious.
Our version isvegan and this time we have prepared it with homemade soy yogurt, it is very easy to make at home and the result is worth it. You can also use other vegetable yogurts and the result hardly changes because the main flavor is not that of the yogurt, but that of the rest of the ingredients.
- 4 pepinos (700 gramos)
- 1 cucharadita de sal marina
- 2 tazas de yogur de soja (500 gramos)
- 4 dientes de ajo
- El zumo de medio limón
- 2 cucharadas de aceite de oliva virgen extra
- 1 cucharadita de menta
- 1 cucharadita de eneldo
- Pimienta negra al gusto
- Peel the cucumbers, grate them with help from a grater and put it in a bowl. Add a teaspoon of salt and let stand for 10 or 15 minutes to release as much water as possible. After that time we drain the cucumber with the help of a napkin, a towel, a gauze or a bag to make vegetable milk. Eliminate as much liquid as you can.
- In a bowl, add the yogurt, the grated and drained cucumber, the finely chopped garlic cloves (we remove the germ so that are more digestive), lemon juice, oil, mint and dill. Taste and add more salt or another ingredient if necessary.
- Stir and let rest for at least three or four hours in the fridge. We serve cold accompanied by crudités or our favorite accompaniment.