- Chickpea Tuna:
- 1 can chickpeas
- ½ cup celery and greens, chopped
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup vegan mayonnaise, mashed avocado or hummus
- Juice from ½ lemon
- ½ tsp garlic powder or minced garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, diced – optional
- Salt, pepper
- Bread or wrap of your choice
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, place in a mixing bowl.
- Use the back of a fork or a pestle to mash the chickpeas until smooth desired consistency. We leave ours slightly chunky.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- You can now Prepare your sandwich.
- Place the salad on a slice of bread and top with a generous helping of chickpea tuna.
- Add the tomatoes, avocado and any other ingredients you want and garnish a second slice of bread.