There are two main dish or side dish recipes that you could eat on a loop throughout the year and that are in fact two of the dishes that we eat the most at home. One is gazpacho and another is tomato soup.
I already had another recipe for tomato soup on the blog, but this time I wanted to make a more classic version. It is also yummy and it is also somewhat simpler.
- 1–2 cucharadas de aceite de oliva virgen extra (opcional)
- 2 dientes de ajo, troceados
- 1 cebolla, troceada
- 2 cucharadas de harina (yo usé harina de trigo integral), sin gluten si es necesario
- 1 lata grande de tomates (800 g ó 28 oz)
- 1 taza de caldo de verduras o agua (250 ml)
- 1/2 taza de leche de coco (125 ml)
- 2 cucharadas de concentrado de tomate
- 1/2 cucharadita de bicarbonato (opcional)
- 1/2 cucharadita de sal
- 1/4 cucharadita de pimienta negra molida
- Pour the oil into a pot and when When hot, add the garlic and onion. Cook over medium-high heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally. If you don’t want to use oil, you can add a little water or broth to cook the vegetables.
- Add the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.< /li>
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stir and when it starts to boil, lower the heat to medium and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Brush with the help of a hand mixer (or glass) and serve immediately (I served it with toasted bread and chopped fresh parsley) or keep the leftovers in the fridge for 5-7 days.
- The flour is used to thicken, but you can remove it if you want. Any type of flour can be used.
- The soup is tastier with broth, but if you use water the sodium content will be lower.
- Coconut milk could be substituted for any another vegetable milk, although the coconut milk gives it a very creamy touch. Use coconut milk, not coconut drink.
- The tomato paste is not essential, but it adds more flavor to the soup.
- The baking soda helps counteract the acidity of the tomato , but you can eliminate it or add a little sugar or any sweetener. Another option would be to add carrots.
- Add your favorite vegetables and spices.
- Nutritional information has been calculated with 1 tablespoon of oil and water instead of broth.