- For the tofu:
- 400 g tofu, pressed well for at least thirty minutes
- 2 tsp paprika li>
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tamari (or soy sauce if not gluten free)
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp ground chili
- For the rice: li>
- 1 small or half cauliflower , cut into large florets
- 220 g cooked chickpeas
- 100 g cooked chickpeas, head and tail, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50 g Kalamata olives
- 1 lemon, halved
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for cooking
< li>1 tbsp red wine vinegar
< li>100 g asparagus, cut into pieces
- Dice the tofu. Combine all remaining tofu ingredients in a large bowl to make the marinade. Add the tofu to this bowl and toss well to make sure it’s evenly coated. Let marinate while you prepare the cauliflower rice and chop the veggies.
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor and puree into grainy rice (do not overmix or it will be too small, to have texture).
- In a large skillet, add a tablespoon of olive oil. Heat over medium-high.
- Once the oil is hot, add the tofu to the pan. Fry, turning frequently, until they begin to crisp around the edges, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, eat – all, asparagus and garlic in the pan with the Tofu. Cook for three minutes, then add the cauliflower seeds, olives, juice of half a lemon, and black pepper.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower is tender but firm, about 4-5 minutes.
- Slice the remaining half of the lemon.
- Serve with a lemon slice each.