Fluffy 10-ingredient toasted coconut vegan pancakes made with spelled flour, natural sweeteners and toasted shredded coconut. So delicious you’ll feel like you’re dreaming and it only takes 30 minutes.
- 3/4 cup
unsweetened desiccated coconut (more on cooking)
- 2 Soup Coconut Sugar (more about cooking)
- 1/2 full cup Coconut flakes + coconut sugar mixture (see above)< /span>
- 1 ½ TL Yeast powder
- 1 < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredient-unit">pinch sea salt< /li >
- 1 cup spelled flour
- 2 to soup oatmeal or rolled oats
- 1 lot flaxseed egg (1 scoop (7g) flaxseed flour + 2½ tbsp (37ml) water based on the original recipe)
- 2 Soup melted coconut oil < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredient-notes wprm-recipe-ingredient-notes-faded"> (more on cooking)
- 1 soup maple syrup or agave syrup < li class="wprm-recipe-ingredient " style="list-style-type: disk;">1 < span class="wprm -recipe -ingredient-unit">full cup Coconut milk drink (in the box , not from the can // or under almond milk)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (176 C) ahead and spread coconut flakes on a baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, prepare the flaxseed egg for mixing. Set aside.
- Once the oven is preheated, add the coconut and cook for 3-5 minutes, increasing Stir them once to ensure even cooking, until lightly toasted (see photo), being careful not to burn them.
- In a large mixing bowl, add 1/2 heaped cup ( Amount as written in original recipe // adjust if batch size changes) of your coconut mixture (from above | should be almost all), baking powder, sea salt, spelled flour, rolled oats or rolled oats. Whisk to combine.
- Add coconut oil, maple syrup and coconut milk to the flaxseed egg. Whisk to combine.
- Add the wet dry ingredients and stir until just combined, making sure , not to mix too much. If the batter seems too thick, thin it out with a little more coconut milk. It should be semi-solid but liquid. Taste and adjust the sweetness as needed.
- Let the dough rest for 5 minutes while using an electric griddle or skillet preheat (i.e. about 325 degrees F). The surface should be warm but not hot – the oil should not smoke when it comes in contact with the surface.
- Generous Grease skillet with coconut oil and pour ¼ cup batter onto skillet, gently spreading in a small disc. Sprinkle with some untoasted coconut and coconut sugar.
- Return when bubbles appear in the center and the edges look slightly dry – about 3 minutes.
- < div class="wprm-recipe-instruction-text" style="margin-bottom: 5px";="">Cook for 2-3 more minutes, or until fully cooked in the center.