This is one of those recipes that are so simple, but sooo good to share. It’s hard to believe that something so simple could taste so good.
- In a skillet, toast the shredded coconut until brown, stirring occasionally (optional).
- Toast the bread in a toaster, skillet, or oven (optional).
- Add the chopped banana on top and finally the toasted flaked coconut.
- Ideally, take the toasts freshly made because they are better that way, although you can also prepare them to eat away from home.
< li id="instruction-step-3">Spread the peanut or almond butter on the bread while it’s still hot (this makes it easier to spread and tastier).
- For this recipe I have not put specific amounts of each ingredient because that depends on the size of each slice of bread and the tastes of each one.
- We buy the bread already made, but if you want to make it at home we have two very simple recipes on the blog: our rye and spelled bread (with gluten) and our gluten-free bread. Another option is to use rice cakes or crackers with or without gluten.
- You can add any other nut or seed butter or even coconut.
- Add your favorite fruits and toppings.
- If you don’t like coconut, you can eliminate it or substitute it with chopped nuts, seeds, cocoa nibs or any other ingredient you can think of or have on hand.
- The amounts of Nutrition information is for 1 slice of whole wheat bread with 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 1/2 banana, and 1 teaspoon shredded coconut.