Making three delights vegan rice is very easy, in addition, it is an easy, fast, light, economical and delicious dish. You can add other vegetables or ingredients if you want, almost anything goes with it.
In Spanish Chinese restaurants, this type of rice usually has peas, carrots, eggs and a bit of ham, although I have also seen this dish with chicken and prawns. Ours has exactly three delicacies: peas, carrot and tofu.
- 3/4 taza de arroz (150 g)
- Aceite de oliva virgen extra
- 1 zanahoria
- 1/4 taza guisantes congelados (35 g)
- 75 g tofu (2.7 onzas)
- 1/8 cucharadita de cúrcuma
- Sal marina (opcional)
- 1 cucharada de salsa de soja o tamari
- Cook the rice according to the manufacturer’s instructions and let it cool. Ideally, you cook it the day before. If you’re in a hurry, you can cool the rice with cold water.
- In a pan, add a little oil and fry the finely chopped carrot for about 2 minutes. Add the peas and cook about 3 more minutes. Put them on a plate.
- Crush the tofu and mash it with a fork until it looks similar to scrambled eggs.
- Put a little more oil in the pan and sauté the tofu together with the turmeric and a little salt (optional) for about 5 minutes. Put it on the plate where you had the vegetables.
- Add a splash of oil again and fry the rice for about 2 minutes, add the vegetables, the tofu, the soy or tamari and cook 3 more minutes.