- 200 g tempeh
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons shoyu sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha hot sauce (optional)
- 2 cloves minced garlic,
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger juice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Bread and toppings of your choice (suggestion in the recipe)
Preheat the oven to 190/370 degrees.
Cut the tempeh into 1/4 inch thick pieces and set aside . / p >
In a small bowl, combine sesame oil, shoyu, hot sauce, garlic cloves (if using), ginger, and lemon juice. Whisk to combine and place in a large ziplock bag.
Place the sliced tempeh in the bag and gently massage with your hands to coat all the pieces. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Remove the tempeh from the marinade. Grill for 10 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, until crisp and golden.
Serve on granola spread with vegan mayonnaise, add shredded lettuce, cucumber, sliced tomato, sliced avocado, top with 2 pieces of crispy tempeh and garnish with some onion relish.
- This also makes a great bento lunch to eat cold the next day.