The best vegan apple chip, naturally sweetened and made in 1 bowl! Tender, caramelized apples under a crunchy pecan and oat filling. Fall dessert perfection.
- 8 medium-large apples (half cake (like Granny Smith), half sweet ( like crispy honey) //organic if possible)
- 1 lemon, juice (1 lemon makes ~2 tbsp or 30ml) span>
- 2/3 cup Coconut sugar (or sub-organic cane sugar) li> < li class="wprm-recipe-ingredient" style="list-style-type: disk;" data-uid="7">1 ½ cc ground cinnamon
- 3 soup Arrowroot starch or corn starch (to thicken) < /li>
- 1/4 cup fresh apple juice (or water) < /li>
- 3/4 cc grated fresh ginger (optional // or less than 1/2 tsp ground ginger for 3/4 tsp fresh)
- 1 pinch Nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cup Gluten Free Oats
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup Coconut sugar (or sub-organic cane sugar) li> < li class="wprm-recipe-ingredient" style="list-style-type: disc;" data-uid="26">1/2 cup Muscovado Sugar (or sub-organic brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup Pecans (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cc Sea Salt
- 1 cc ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or olive oil (or mix both 1 / 2, 1/2)
- Preheat the oven to 176°C.
- Peel and quarter the apples, remove the core and cut lengthwise into thin slices with a paring knife (see photo).
- In a large mixing bowl, add the remaining ingredients for the filling. Mix to combine. Add 9×13 inches (or similar size) to a casserole dish (align the Form a size if you change the number of servings).
- Rinse and wipe. Take out your mixing bowl and add all the ingredients for the filling. Stir to combine, then use your fingers to break up the sugar clumps. Pour over the apples in an even layer.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour (uncovered) or until the topping is bubbly, apples are very tender (especially in the middle of the dish) and the topping is golden brown.
< li id="wprm-recipe-35437-step-0-6" class="wprm-recipe-instruction" style="list-style-type: decimal;">< div class="wprm-recipe-instruction-text " style="margin-bottom: 5px" ;="">Prefers fresh, although leftovers will keep covered for up to 3 days in the refrigerator or up to 1 month in the freezer. Microwave or oven at 176°C (350°F) until heated through.