- For the yellow curry paste:
- 1/2 lemongrass stalk – sliced
- 2 fresh or dried red or yellow chilies
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon coconut blossom sugar or date syrup
- 2 kaffir lime leaves or 1 teaspoon lime zest< /li>
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- up to 4 tbsp coconut milk
- For the noodle soup:
- 100 g / 2 nests whole wheat noodles (or rice – or bean noodles for the gluten-free version)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp yellow Thai curry paste (homemade as above , or a jar)
- 100 ml d The coconut cream (or milk)
- 10 sprigs of fresh coriander
- Half a red pepper, cut into thin strips
- A handful of fresh spinach
- 1 red pepper
Yellow curry paste:
- Put all the ingredients except for the coconut milk in a blender and mix well Paste, gradually adding the coconut milk to get the right consistency.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- For use, about a tablespoon about a minute cook until fragrant, then add coconut milk and/or water to make a curry or use as below for a noodle soup.
Noodle Soup:< / p>
- Cook the noodles according to package directions and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan with a little water or oil or cooking spray, sauté the onion for about 5 minutes over low to medium heat, until they start to get soft. Add the curry paste and sauté for another minute, until fragrant.
- Add the coconut cream and about 1 cup/250ml water and stir to make a broth.
- Add the peppercorns and chop the coriander stalks (leave the leaves) and cook for a few minutes until cooked, then add the spinach and wilt, adding more water if necessary to give the broth a creamy consistency to obtain. Stir in half of the roughly chopped coriander leaves.
- Distribute the pasta among serving bowls, then pour over the broth and garnish with the chilli slices and coriander leaves.