And after the recipe for peanut sauce, comes the tempeh satay . As I mentioned in the previous post, the first thing I ate when I arrived in Southeast Asia was a tempeh satay burger with peanut sauce and I wanted to prepare something similar for the blog, although in the end I preferred to make a version more similar to chicken satay (which is the original recipe), using tempeh instead of chicken.
- 250 g de tempeh (8 oz)
Para el marinado:
- 1/3 taza de leche de coco (90 ml)
- 1/4 taza de agua (65 ml)
- 1 cucharada de zumo de lima
- 1/2 cucharadita de semillas de cilantro
- 1/2 cucharadita de comino en polvo
- 1/2 cucharadita de cúrcuma en polvo
- 1/2 cucharadita de curry en polvo
- 1/4 cucharadita de sal
- 1/8 cucharadita de pimienta negra molida
- 1 dátil Medjool
- 1 diente de ajo
- 1 puñado de cilantro fresco
- Pour all the marinade ingredients into a  ;Mixer, whisk until well combined and pour into a bowl or container.
- Chop up the tempeh and pour into the marinade bowl or container, stir and refrigerate covered for at least 1-2 hours, preferably overnight.
- You can cook the tempeh as is or make skewers using wooden sticks or metal.
- Cook the tempeh on the griddle, on the grill, or in a skillet (I used un grill) with or without oil for about 5 to 10 minutes on each side or until let them brown.
- Serve immediately with peanut sauce or with your favorite sauce. You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- I used coconut milk, not coconut drink. Coconut milk usually comes in a can, although there are also tetra briks, it is much thicker than coconut milk and also does not usually contain sweeteners or as many additives.
- Add your favorite spices or herbs.
- Dates can be substituted for any other sweetener to taste.
- Recipe can also be made with tofu or seitan instead of tempeh.
- Yes your tempeh is very bitter, you can boil it for at least 15 minutes to remove the bitterness.
- With the code DANZA-DE-FOGONES-5 you will get a 5% discount on any product on the website Vitality 4 Life.