This is one of those desserts that, despite being simple, have such an incredible flavor that it is difficult to explain. When I first saw these Caramel Apple Taquitos on YouTube I knew I had to make a vegan version and I was going to love it.
As a child I was not a big fan of apples, but over the years it has conquered me and now apple desserts are usually among my favorites.
- Aceite de coco (opcional)
- 2 manzanas Granny Smith, peladas y troceadas
- 3 cucharadas + 1 cucharadita de azúcar moreno
- 1/2 + 1/8 cucharadita de canela en polvo
- 1/2 cucharadita de extracto de vainilla (opcional)
- 2 cucharaditas de harina, yo usé harina de arroz integral
- 1/4 taza de salsa de caramelo vegana (65 ml)
- 5 tortillas pequeñas
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC or 375ºF.
- Put 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a pan and when hot add the apple, 3 tablespoons of brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder, stir and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. If you don’t want to use oil, you can add water.
- Add the vanilla extract and flour, stir and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the vegan caramel sauce, stir and remove from heat.
- Paint a 20×20 cm (8×8 in) baking dish with coconut oil (optional). Reserve.
- To assemble the taquitos, place a tortilla on a plate and add 1/5 of the apple filling to one end (as you can see in the photo) and roll up Repeat with the rest of the tortillas and the filling to form 5 taquitos and place them in the mold upside down.
- Paint the taquitos with a little coconut oil (optional) and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top. To make the cinnamon sugar, mix 1 teaspoon of brown sugar and 1/8 teaspoon of ground cinnamon into a jug blender and beat until powdered. If you don’t want to use oil, you can brush the taquitos with a little water.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately as is or with more vegan caramel sauce on top. You can store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for 4-5 days and reheat the taquitos or eat them cold.
- If you can’t eat gluten, use corn tortillas.
- Use whatever type of apple you prefer.
- The sugar another sweetener may be substituted.
- Nutrition information is based on 4 tablespoons of coconut oil and no additional caramel sauce on top.
- Recipe adapted from Laura in the Kitchen.
- With the code DANZA-DE-FOGONES-5 you will get a 5% discount < /span>in any product of the website Vitality 4 Life.