I’m not afraid of carbohydrates, but I choose the ones that are beneficial for my health, as is the case with sweet potatoes or yams. They are similar to potatoes, but they have a sweeter taste, they contain more fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B6, manganese and calcium, in addition, they have a lower glycemic load, so for many it is a healthier alternative. I personally consume both.
This salad, being so colorful, has many different nutrients and is a very complete dish, ideal to carry in a lunch box when we have to eat out.
- 1 taza de batata cruda cortada en dados (265 g)
- 1 taza de garbanzos cocinados (165 g)
- 1 pepino
- 1 tomate
- 1/2 taza de pimiento rojo (75 g)
- 1 taza de canónigos (30 g)
- 1 limón
- 1 cucharadita de comino
- 1 cucharadita de pimentón dulce
- Aceite de oliva virgen extra al gusto (opcional)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 355 ºF.
- Bake diced sweet potato for 35 minutes or until done.
- Chop all the vegetables and put them in a bowl together with the chickpeas and the sweet potato when they are done (you can serve it warm or cold).
- Add the juice of one lemon, the cumin, paprika and oil to taste. Stir and serve.