Sweet potatoes have never been eaten in my house, but now my kitchen is never lacking, it is an ingredient that gives a lot of play, healthy and is to die for. It is perfect for making low-fat sweets because it gives it a lot of juiciness without the need to add oil or margarine.
I love pastries, but they have to be healthy and easy-to-prepare sweets because I don’t want to complicate my life and refined and full-fat pastries don’t suit me, besides, they’re not good for our body and you can prepare lots of delicious sweets and healthy, without the need to use rare ingredients.
- 450 g de batata o boniato (1 libra)
- 1/2 taza de almendras crudas y sin sal (75 g)
- 1/2 taza de copos de avena (60 g)
- 10 cucharadas de cacao sin azúcar
- 6 cucharadas de azúcar de coco o azúcar moreno
- Peel the sweet potato, chop it and cook it to steam or in plenty of boiling water until tender (about 25 minutes). Let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC or 355ºF.
- Crush the almonds into food processor.
- Add the oats and pulse again.
- Add the cocoa, sugar and sweet potato and blend until smooth.
- Pour the dough into a baking pan or container lined with parchment paper (so it won’t stick) and bake for about 25 or 30 minutes. The time may vary depending on your oven.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes and cut into small pieces.