Wow, the sensitive subject of tofu! It seems that it has no taste, that soy makes men’s breasts grow, that it’s too expensive and that vegans eat it at every meal… What’s the matter? 😀
Okay then let’s start again… already you don’t have to eat tofu at all to be vegan. It’s an option that exists, but you know, it’s not because you’re an omnivore that you have to eat pig’s liver (moreover it’s an option that shouldn’t exist, but that’s another story huh). Finally all that to say that you have the right not to like it.
But if you like it or want to taste it, here are our tips: you can buy tofu in the chilled section (exit the disgusting bjorg you find at Leclerc, squeal that out). It is a relatively affordable ingredient, but as it is processed, it is necessarily more expensive than raw legumes. There are several kinds of tofu classified by texture: silky, firm, extra-firm… Firm or extra-firm are suitable for this recipe. On the other hand, silken tofu is really something else, it looks more like a slightly frozen cream. You also find seasoned, smoked, fragrant tofu full of flavors, so you can have fun tasting that too!
For this recipe, you will just need plain tofu that we will cook with maple syrup, soy sauce, a little oil and ketchup. The ketchup is optional, moreover, you can add a little what you want to the preparation such as spices, grilled sesame, fresh ginger, garlic… Besides, you can cut your tofu in the shape bacon too!
Voilou, you know everything 😉
- ketchup – 1 – 2 – 3 – 2 – 250
- In a deep plate, mix maple syrup, soy sauce, oil and ketchup.
- Cut the tofu into slices. Place them in the soup plate and turn them over so that the sauce is spread on all sides of the tofu.
- Heat a frying pan over high heat. When very hot, lay out all the slices of tofu and pour in all the sauce as well.
- Let it cook over high heat until the liquid has evaporated then turn the slices over so that all sides are golden brown.
- Eat hot or warm, in a bowl of vegetables, a pad thai, a salad, ramens, a sandwich…