9 ingredient vegan and gluten free granola bars loaded with 4 types of seeds: hemp, sunflower, flax and chia! So healthy, naturally sweet and perfect as an on-the-go snack.
- 1 1/2 cups span> Oatmeal
(gluten free for gluten free eaters)
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, walnuts, or pecans (roughly chopped) li>
- 1 cup fully (seriously) filled dates (entsteint // deglet noor or medjool)*
- 2 soup Chia seeds* (see note)
- 2 Tb sp Flaxseed (ground or whole)
- 2 soup < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredients-name">hemp seeds< /li>
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or maple syrup (or honey if not vegan)< /li>
- 1/4 cup make my peanut butter or Peanut Butter Salted Natural Almond
< li class="wprm-recipe-ingredient" style="list-style-type: disk;"> 2 EL Sunflower Seeds (roasted or raw)
- Chocolate chips, dried fruit, others Nuts, banana chips, etc.
- Toast your oatmeal and almonds at 350°F ( 176°C) in the oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Process data in a Food Processor until small pieces remain (approx. 1 minute). It should form a “dough” consistency (mine rolled into a ball).
- In a large mixing bowl. Add seeds and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the agave and peanut or almond butter over low heat. Stir and pour over the oat mixture, then toss and break up the dates to distribute. Use a spoon or your hands to mix well.
- Transfer to 8×8 plates or other small pans lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper for easy lifting. (Or use 2/3 of a 9×13 // as the original recipe is written // adjust if you change batch size)
- Cover with parchment or plastic wrap and press down with something flat like a book to wrap really nicely. This will help them not get crumbly. Chill in the fridge or freezer for 15-20 minutes to set.
- Clear bars off Remove from bowl and cut into 10 even bars (as written in original recipe // adjust if changing batch size). Store in an airtight container for up to a few days. I’ve kept mine in the freezer to keep them cooler, but that’s not necessary.