A summery 10-ingredient melon salad with cantaloupe and mint in lime juice, served with cucumber, tomato and onion in a light vinaigrette. Refreshing, high in fiber and oh so delicious.
- 1/2 cup
thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup span> Cherry tomatoes (thin sliced)
- 1/4 span> medium red onion (thin sliced)
- < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredient-amount">1< /span> soup < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredient-name">olive or avocado oil< /li>
- < span class="wprm-recipe-ingredient quantity">2 cc Apple Vinegar
- 1 healthy pinch sea salt + black pepper
- 3 EL< /span> lime juice
- 1 soup maple syrup
- 1 span> pinch sea salt li>
- 1 tablespoon< /span> Olive or avocado oil
- 3 full cups
Melon (diced or scooped with a melon corer // ~1 melon as written in the original recipe)
- 2 soup fresh mint li>
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cucumber, tomato, and onion Garnish with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Then taste the flavor and adjust as needed by adding more vinegar for acidity or more salt and pepper for flavor balance. Place in the fridge to cool.
- Next, prepare the dressing by adding lime juice, maple syrup, and sea salt to a small Mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Then slowly add the olive oil while stirring. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more lime juice for tartness/tartness, maple syrup for sweetness, or salt for flavor balance. Set aside.
- Place melon in large serving bowl and garnish with dressing. Stir gently to combine. Then pour the cucumber tomato onion salad on top, leaving excess liquid/dressing behind.
- Stir gently with fresh mint to combine and garnish. Serve.
- < div class="wprm-recipe-instruction-text" style="margin-bottom: 5px" ;="">Best fresh, although leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. Set aside the mint to keep it as fresh as possible.