Today I bring you a super easy sponge cake without eggs, made with strawberry pieces. This sponge cake has a mild vanilla and orange blossom flavor, because it is designed to have a super topping on top. In this case, in addition to strawberry pieces, I added a wonderful Nature’s Charm brand condensed coconut milk (remember I have a discount with the code ‘SOYVEGANAJENNY‘) . A sweet joy, although of occasional consumption, obviously.
If you don’t have condensed coconut milk, you can use dark chocolate to melt, which you can find in almost any supermarket and is super cheap. In addition, it combines great with the flavor of strawberries.
Cup and 1/2 of flour for biscuits
1/4 cup of vegetable margarine + extra to grease the mold (note, they may contain dairy)
3/4 cup of soy milk
Between 2 and 4 tablespoons of agave syrup or your favorite sweetener (remember that as the topping is very sweet, we are going to make a soft base, if you want it to be sweeter, add more sweetener)
Between 2 and 4 tablespoons of vanilla (depending on the brand, you may need more because it is softer vanilla)
2 small tsp orange blossom
Topping: Condensed coconut milk (if you don’t have , use melted dark chocolate), strawberries and powdered sugar.
We will need a metal mold in good condition.
Step by step
- On one side, mix the 3/4 cup of soy milk with 1/4 of melted vegetable margarine.< /li>
- Add between 2 and 4 tablespoons of vanilla, 2 small tablespoons of orange blossom, between 2 and 4 tablespoons of agave syrup. Mix well with a fork or a whisk, and reserve.
- On the other hand, in a large bowl, put the cup and a half of flour for biscuits with a generous touch of cinnamon.
- Add the liquid part to the flour and mix well, with a fork or the rods. Until everything integrates well. Do not beat for too long, just long enough so that there is a homogeneous mass without lumps.
- Meanwhile, we pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees, turned on from above and below without a fan.
- Now, we add 6 strawberries cut into small cubes and mix.
- Grease the mold well with the margarine, both at its base and on the sides. This is important.
- Put the mold in the oven, halfway up. We leave it at 180º for about 35 minutes, although the time may vary depending on whether the oven is very old or very new. Try not to open the oven before 25 minutes to prevent the cake from falling.
- Note: You can do the toothpick test, when you see that it is golden on top, sticking a stick to the end and seeing if it comes out dry. If it comes out dry, it is usually an indicator that it is already well baked. You have to know that the stick test can make your cake fall a little.
- When it is well baked, remove from the oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes. Do not unmold the very hot cake because it could break.
- Once unmolded, decorate with the melted dark chocolate or condensed coconut milk and decorate with whole strawberries and a little icing sugar. Note: I recommend that you plate it just before serving, since the cake gets moist when you dip it in the chocolate or condensed milk.