After showing you our recipe for sweet-and-sour sauce we bring you these simple spring rolls homemade. They are very easy to prepare and although there are healthier options to eat vegetables, it is a great alternative for children and for people who do not like them very much because they are so good.
Our recipe contains gluten, so it is not suitable for coeliacs, but you can substitute the fine Chinese pasta for rice wafers, which are also very tasty, although they are not as crunchy and break and become transparent more easily (at least the ones we have tried).
- Aceite de oliva virgen extra
- 4 dientes de ajo
- 1 cebolla
- 2 zanahorias
- 4 hojas de col
- 30 gramos de brotes de soja
- 2 cucharadas de salsa de soja
- 8 láminas de pasta fina china
- In a wok add a splash of oil and when it is very hot add the minced garlic, onion, carrots and cabbage cut into thin strips and bean sprouts.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of soy sauce and sauté all the vegetables until they are to our liking (ideally they are al dente). If they get too dry or if they stick to the pan, you can add a little water.
- We take a wafer and place it in a diamond shape, pour on the top from below a little filling (about two tablespoons), roll up, paint the corners with water and fold them over the roll as you can see in the step-by-step photo. We roll again, paint the remaining piece of dough on top with water and stick it.
- We pour plenty of oil into the wok and when it is very hot we add our rolls They will take less than a minute to brown on both sides. Be careful not to burn them. We remove them to a plate with absorbent paper and they are ready to eat.