Good morning guys! Today I come with a traditional recipe but adapted to a vegan version: a chocolate and hazelnut cake with cherries, without eggs or butter.
The base is very simple to make, it only contains 5 ingredients: flour, cocoa, sweetener (agave syrup), orange as flavoring and non-dairy milk to give it the creaminess it needs. As flour I have used a flour for cake that they sell in almost all supermarkets: it is basically a wheat flour that already has the yeast incorporated in just the right measure so that the cake is fluffy strong>. You can replace it with common wheat flour + yeast, but it is much easier if you buy this type of flour, in this way you make sure that the cake is fluffy and that it does not fall.
300 gr of cake flour (yeast already incorporated)
100 gr of hazelnuts
7 tablespoons of cocoa powder
3 tablespoons of Agave (or your usual sweetener)
1 cup and a half of non-dairy milk
1 tablet of dark chocolate to melt
Olive oil for grease the mold
Step by step
- In a bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, juice and the zest of half an orange.
- Then, add the three tablespoons of syrup, mix and add the milk.
- Using a whisk or a fork, mix everything well until you get a homogeneous and creamy mass.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees with a fan.
- Grease the mold with a little olive oil and put the dough inside. Bake for about 45 minutes, keeping at 180º until the cake grows, browns and dries inside. When 40 minutes have passed, you can check if it is done by opening the oven and inserting a toothpick all the way in. If it comes out dry, you can remove the cake from the oven.
- Remove the cake and let it cool. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a bain-marie: put the chocolate in a glass and bring it to a boil in a pot.
- When the chocolate is already tempered, remove it from the mold and bathe it in chocolate.
- Lightly crush the hazelnuts until they break into large pieces and pour them over the chocolate. Finally, to decorate, we put the three cherries on top and that’s it!