Very good to everyone! Today I bring a dish that I improvised last week and that I liked so much that I have no doubt that I will repeat it again, even for a day when I have guests or something more special. And this recipe attracts a lot of attention! Today I bring this Bowl of spicy curry with heura, vegetables and peanuts. It is brutally creamy, full of flavor and the spiciness is mild (although of course, you can add all the chillies you want).
As a base for the curry, use canned coconut milk. It is also known as ‘coconut cream’ and is usually found in Asian or eco areas of supermarkets. It is important that it is from a can, because brick is more like coconut water. We are looking for a creamy and dense ‘milk’. I buy it at Consum or Mercadona for €1 or €1.5.
200ml can of coconut milk (read the details above if you have questions)
50 gr of smoked tofu
1 garlic< br> 1/2 zucchini
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 handful of peanuts
Curry powder (I used the organic one from Orballo, which is very intense, if you use one from the supermarket you will probably need more)
Fresh chillies: I used colored chillies. This is only if you want it spicy.
Optional garnish: dried parsley, sesame seeds, more chilli and more peanuts.
Optional: 1 box of Spiced or Original Heura Bites
Step by step
- Cut the tofu and zucchini into large cubes, and finely slice the garlic. Chop the onion.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a frying pan and add the chopped vegetables.
- Next, add the sliced mushrooms and peppers cut into medium-sized rectangles.
- If you want it spicy, chop a few slices of the chillies and add them.< /li>
- Sauté until all the ingredients are golden.
- When they are slightly golden, add the halved peanuts. We keep jumping.