Good morning! Today I bring you the recipe of what we have eaten this same noon, an incredible dish of Pasta with vegan tofu pesto saucethat I have prepared for the first time but that, without a doubt, It will be a very repeated dish in my house.
have prepared it as an excuse to try for the first time the Wholemeal Spelled Spaghetti that I took in the online vegan store Vegaffinity. That’s also where I got the dried shiitake mushrooms that accompany the vegan pesto sauce This pasta is really amazing especially if you manage to make it al dente. But obviously, you can use wheat flour spaghetti, the usual ones.
250gr of Spelled Spaghetti
80 grams of Hard Tofu
Fresh basil leaves
2 handfuls shiitake (I used dehydrated, but you can use fresh)
1 small garlic clove
Olive oil: 1/3 cup (100 ml) + extra
Step by step
- We will start by hydrating the shiitake mushrooms in plenty of water, in case we use dehydrated shiitake.
- The next step will be to cook the 250 grams of spelled spaghetti in plenty of water. When they are cooked (approx. 8 min.) strain them and reserve.
- On the other hand, mix the 80 grams of tofu, 1/2 clove of garlic, 1/3 cup (100ml) of olive oil, a pinch of salt and about 5 grams of fresh basil.
- Crush very well and taste. Now it’s time to correct the flavor with more basil, salt or garlic if you want it that way. I added another 1/2 clove of garlic and another 5 grams of fresh basil.
- The amount of fresh basil can vary a lot depending on the quality of the basil, so try little by little.
- Now, we wash the cherry tomatoes and place them on a baking tray. We bathe them with a splash of olive oil and put them in the oven, fired from above, at about 180 degrees.
- We wait for them to become tender and slightly toasted on the outside.
- Meanwhile, cut the shiitake into strips and sauté them in a frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil.
- When they are golden brown, lower the heat to a minimum and add the spelled spaghetti.
- Mix and add all the pesto sauce.
- Mix very well and turn off the heat.
- Serve on two different plates with a pinch of salt, dried basil and the tomatoes served on top.