Very good to all! Today I get down to work with the recipes that I promised you on Instagram and that I hadn’t had time to write yet . We start with this incredible bowl of spelled spaghetti with sweet potato and carrot sauce, accompanied by some tender and golden vegetables.
The truth is that it is a proposal that, despite being quite traditional, brings new flavors. The creaminess of the sweet potato accompanying these wholemeal spelled spaghetti is amazing. A lot of flavor and a lot of aroma, being a healthy sauce, which is only based on vegetables and spices, and needs no cream or other ingredients of animal origin (well, neither soy cream nor similar) to be super creamy.
250 g of spelled spaghetti
1 medium sweet potato
2 or 3 garlic cloves
Black pepper powder
Optional, but recommended: 1 handful of nutritional yeast
Totally optional (decoration): sesame seeds, chillies, dehydrated onion.
We will need a hand blender.
Step by step
- Peel and cut the sweet potato and carrot into medium-sized cubes.
- Put it to cook in a pot, keeping a gentle boil (medium heat).
- On the other hand, cut a piece of garlic and put it in the pan with a splash of olive oil.
- While it browns over low heat, we are going to chop the onion.
- With the garlic already browned in the pan, add the onion and sauté it over medium-low heat, until it becomes tender and golden. li>
- When the onion is already poached, add the half zucchini cut into medium-sized cubes. If necessary, add a little more olive oil so it doesn’t stick or burn.
- When the sweet potato can be easily pierced with a fork, remove it from the water and place it in a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 sliced garlic, a drizzle of olive oil and the small handful of nutritional yeast, along with a pinch of salt.
- Crush until you get a creamy texture, and add 100 ml of water.
- Crush again and check the texture. I preferred it more runny than thick, so it wouldn’t be too sticky for the spelled spaghetti, so I added another 150 ml of water. This is entirely up to your taste, so I recommend that you add and blend until you find the texture you want.
- Meanwhile, we cook the pasta. Cooking time varies depending on the type of pasta and the manufacturer, so I recommend that you follow the directions on the package. I like to leave them “slightly hard”, rather than past cooking.
- By now the sautéed will be golden brown, so turn off the heat and set aside.
- Going back with the sauce, we test the flavour. I decided to add an extra pinch of salt and another little garlic, but this is optional.
- Next, we add oregano and black pepper (two pinches of each) and beat again. I recommend checking the flavor and adding more of each spice based on personal taste. For me that was enough.
- Finally, remove the spaghetti from the cooking water, and serve it together with the sauce and vegetables, well mixed. And ready! Spice it up with a little more oregano and salt, and if you want, you can add the chillies, dehydrated onion, sesame seeds and more nutritional yeast.