Sometimes we buy ready-made food for convenience, but other times we do it because we think that preparing it ourselves has to be difficult and expensive. This soy yogurt is a clear example of how easy it can be to prepare food at home and also save money.
To make yogurt you need two ingredients: soy milk and ferments to make our yogurt or a ready-made yogurt that we can buy. So simple and cheap.
- 1 litro de leche de soja
- 1 cucharadita de agar agar
- 1 yogur de soja (125 gramos o 1/2 taza) o fermento para hacer yogur (la cantidad que indique el fabricante en el paquete, puede variar)
- Preheat the oven to 50 degrees .
- Put the soy milk in a saucepan and add the agar agar, stir and put the milk on the fire. You can also add the sweetener you want in this step. The milk should not boil, we leave it until it reaches 90 degrees with a thermometer, although it is not necessary, it is enough that it is very hot and about to boil.
- Let the milk cool to about 40 or 50 degrees. If you don’t have a thermometer, stick your finger in and when it’s warm but not burning, it’s ready. To cool it faster you can put it in a bowl and put it in another with cold water or ice.
- We add the yogurt or the ferment, stir and pour the yogurt into a one-liter jar or in small containers, whatever you want. The jars cannot be plastic, they must be glass or crystal jars.
- We turn off the oven and put our yogurt jars without lids for at least 8 hours or the time that the ferment manufacturer tells you. You must not open the oven during all this time.
- We take out the yogurt, put the lids on it and keep it in the fridge.