The sauce and the accompaniment are like the ones my mother usually prepares, although, inspired by a Toni Rodríguez recipe, I have added a touch of wine to the sauce. I like the result. I have come out with some of the tastiest soy meatballs, thanks to which we can eat a large amount of protein without eating meat or other animal products. I hope you can try the recipe, and that you tell me how they have exited.
- 200 gr. of fine textured soybean.
- 150 gr. of breadcrumbs.
- 50 gr. of bread crumbs or loaf of bread.
- 3 tablespoons of soy milk.
- 1 clove chopped garlic.
- Broth or water for moisturizing soybeans.
< li class = "ingredient" itemprop = "ingredients"> Flour for batter.
< div class = "ERSSectionHead"> For the sauce:
- 250 ml. of red wine.
- 300 ml of broth.
- 3 tbsp crushed tomatoes. < / li>
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- 1 onion.
- 1 carrot.
- 50 gr. of peas.
- 1 cc of ginger powder.
- We start by preparing the meatballs. We will first hydrate the soybeans in water or broth. I recommend you hydrate it in broth to make it more palatable. We will hydrate the soy for one hour, using the same volume of broth as soy. After an hour, drain the soybeans and place them in a bowl. Add the minced garlic, parsley and pepper and mix. If you use broth, it may not be necessary to add salt to the meatballs, since many times the broths already add the necessary salt. Add the breadcrumbs and mix again. Finally add the breadcrumbs soaked in soy milk and drained. Mix and form the meatballs.
- Roll the meatballs in flour and let them rest for a few minutes before frying.
- Cut the onion into squares and fry it. When it is golden, add the sliced garlic and fry for a couple of minutes or until golden. Add the crushed tomato and let it fry for about 4 minutes. When the tomato is ready, add the wine and cook over low heat until the wine reduces by half. Once the wine has been reduced, we will add the broth, the vegetables, the ginger and the pepper. As I have indicated above, it is possible that the broth you use already has salt, so it will not be necessary to add more salt to the sauce. Let the sauce cook over low heat until the carrot and peas are ready.
- Fry the meatballs with a moderate amount of oil. When removing them from the pan, drain them well and serve with the sauce and vegetables.