- 1 packet buckwheat soba noodles
- ½ cup grated carrots
- 1 yellow bell pepper, scooped out & sliced cut into strips
- 1 small cucumber, cut into strips
- For the vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar< /li >
- 2 tablespoons Mirin
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted black sesame seeds
- Side dish (optional):
- A handful of bean sprouts
- A little shredded red cabbage
- Cook the soba noodles according to package directions. It usually takes about 8 minutes to cook the soba.
- Drain the soba noodles and cool under cold running water. Drain well and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dressing.
- In a large bowl, combine the soba noodles, carrot, yellow bell pepper, and cucumber. li> < li>Pour over the vinaigrette and mix well.
- Sprinkle with black sesame seeds. You can also add bean sprouts and some grated red cabbage for more color and texture!
Variation: Add tofu for a heartier meal.
Like this recipe? Sign up for Veganuary today to get recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox.