Have you ever tried a smoothie bowl? It is a different way of having a smoothie, only instead of drinking it from a jar or cup, it is served in a bowl, eaten with a spoon and topped with toppings.
The good thing is that when we eat it with a spoon, we tend to chew more, eat more slowly and that is why they are easier to digest than traditional smoothies. In addition, it is prepared with 5 ingredients in just 5 minutes. Read on to find out how to make a smoothie bowl!
- The night before peel, cut and freeze bananas.
- The next day, place all ingredients in a powerful blender and blend until well combined.
- Serve in a bowl and decorate with your favorite toppings (I added blueberries and blackberries, coconut and chopped pistachios).
- Ideally, take your freshly made smoothie bowl, but you can keep it in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days.
- Using frozen bananas is the key to creamier smoothies, but you can also use regular bananas.
- You can add more or less non-dairy milk depending on what however thick you want your smoothie.
- This smoothie bowl can be customized with whatever ingredients you want.
- Peanut butter is optional, so you can substitute almond butter or coconut butter or omit it.
- You can omit the sweetener if you want.
- This recipe can be made with water, coconut water, orange juice or other liquids, but I think the best option is non-dairy milk.
- Although I I know oat milk, any other type of non-dairy milk will do, type coconut milk, almond milk, cashew milk or soy milk.
- Nutritional information does not include dates or toppings.