Baked potatoes have always been one of my favorite dishes and the side dish that I like the most at Christmas feasts. They go well with anything, they are very cheap and everyone loves potatoes.
- 450 g de patatas pequeñas (1 libra)
- 1 cucharada de aceite de oliva virgen extra
- 1/4 cucharadita de ajo en polvo
- 1/4 cucharadita de orégano
- 1/8 cucharadita de sal
- 1/8 cucharadita de pimienta negra molida
- Pour plenty of water into a pot and when bring to a boil add the unpeeled potatoes (they have to be covered by the water). Cook over medium-high heat for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Preheat oven to 450ºF or 230ºC.
- Strain the potatoes and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Mash them with the help of a potato masher or with the bottom of a glass.
- Pour the oil and the rest of the ingredients on top and bake for about 20 minutes or until that they are golden.
- I served them with a little chopped fresh parsley on top, but it is optional. You can store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for about 5-7 days.
- You can add or use other herbs and spices if you want.