Christmas is approaching and we want to make you simple and delicious proposals for these holidays. This recipe is one of my favorites and is inspired by a dish that I always ordered before going vegan in some Italian restaurants and it was called lombo al pepe. It was basically pork loin steaks with pasta and pepper sauce. To make it vegan, we have replaced the loin with seitan and have used extra virgin olive oil and vegetable cream instead of other fats of animal origin. The result is spectacular!
If you prefer, you can prepare only the seitan and use another garnish, although in that case I would add half the cream. What I like the most about the dish is the pasta with the sauce, even more than the seitan, but it’s a matter of taste.
- 200 g de macarrones (7 oz)
- 300 g de seitán (10.5 oz)
- 2 cucharadas de aceite de oliva virgen extra
- 2 cucharadas de granos de pimienta
- 1/4 taza de vino blanco o coñac (65 ml)
- 1/4 taza de caldo de verduras (65 ml)
- 1 cucharadita de sal marina
- Pimienta negra molida al gusto
- 1 taza de nata vegetal para cocinar (250 g)
- We cook the pasta following the instructions on the package .
- Cut the seitan into fillets.
- In a pan, heat the oil and brown the fillets for both sides over medium-high heat. Reserve them on a plate for later.
- Put the peppercorns and the wine in the pan and cook for a minute or two until the alcohol evaporates.< /li>
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stir and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes to reduce the sauce.
- Add the seitan fillets to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the pasta and stir.