Cold soups are a basic in summer, at least for me. They are prepared in 5 minutes, they are very healthy, refreshing and delicious. In my house gazpacho has always been eaten although I loved salmorejo when I tried it a few years ago, it is more caloric and less healthy, but it is worth having it from time to time and this salmorejo and avocado toast is an ideal way to do it It is a fresh, simple appetizer and it is to die for.
It is not the lightest appetizer in the world, that is clear, because the salmorejo contains olive oil (extra virgin of course) and the avocado has a high fat content, but the good thing is that being a vegan or 100% vegetable toast It is much healthier and they are healthier fats than those of animal origin. I personally am not afraid of avocado, I consume it almost daily, although I have to admit that my diet is low in fat. By not eating animal foods, I am considerably reducing my daily intake and my main sources of fat are avocado, nuts, seeds and olive oil (although I try to limit it quite a bit).
- 1 diente de ajo
- 1 kilo de tomates (7 tomates ó 35 onzas)
- 100 gramos de pan (3.5 onzas)
- 1 cucharada de vinagre
- 3/4 de taza de aceite de oliva virgen extra (165 gramos)
- 1 cucharadita de sal marina (fina)
- Add the peeled garlic clove to the blender and grind it. You can remove the germ so it doesn’t sting as much.
- Add the tomatoes and mix again.
- Add the bread and vinegar and blend again.
- Finally, add the salt and oil little by little with the mixer running (if possible, although It is not essential). Beat for about 3 more minutes so that the salmorejo has the ideal texture.
* You can find the recipe just above this.