Pico de gallo is a super refreshing Mexican recipe perfect for summer. The best thing, apart from being absolutely delicious, is that it is prepared with only 6 ingredients and is ready in 10 minutes.
I like to drink it at least once a week, because I can customize it with the ingredients and spices I have at home. I promise you are going to love this recipe! So if you want to know how to make pico de gallo, keep reading!
- cebolla morada
- jalapeño fresco o en conserva
- Un puñado de cilantro (10 g ó 0.4 oz)
- El zumo de 1/2 lima
- cucharadita de sal
- Nachos (opcional)
- Chop all the ingredients and put them in a bowl.
- Add the lime juice and salt and stir.
- Serve your pico de gallo accompanied by nachos, arepas, vegan tacos a>, burritos, baked broccoli , baked cauliflower, baked asparagus or even sautéed brussels. It will give them a very refreshing touch!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- You can customize your pico de gallo with any type of tomato and onion.
- If you can’t find jalapeños, you can also use other types of chiles. If you don’t like it, you can omit it.
- Coriander can be substituted for parsley.
- Lemon juice is also a good option for this pico de gallo.