Good morning guys! I apologize that this recipe has been delayed more than I had thought, but I’m here! 🙂
We continue with the Autumnal recipes, although in Spain there is no way for the cold to enter. You already know that I am a professional sweet potato devourer and that for me it is without a doubt the best of Autumn. Today I bring you a fairly typical recipe but with a particular touch: Sweet Potatoes Stuffed with Chickpeas with a homemade peanut sauce that is to die for. It also makes it seem like a much more elaborate recipe than it really is. It could perfectly be a recipe for a vegan Christmas.
1 large sweet potato
4 tablespoons of Cooked Chickpeas
Three handfuls of peanuts
Black pepper< br> Garlic Powder
Unsweetened Vegetable Milk or Water
Step by step
- We will start by pre-heating the oven to 180 degrees.
- We cut the sweet potato in half and Place it on a baking tray.
- Next, make a medium-depth cut along the sweet potato (through the upper part, where the chickpeas will go)
- Above it, season with black pepper, garlic powder, chopped parsley and sweet paprika.
- Grease with a drizzle of olive oil and place in the oven for 40 minutes at 180 degrees.
We cut the sweet potato, spice it and bake it for 40 minutes before stuffing it.
- While the sweet potato is baking, we will prepare the peanut sauce. To do this, we will mix the 3 handfuls of peanuts, which we will cover with water or vegetable milk, a squeeze of lemon, a teaspoon of brewer’s yeast, garlic powder, a pinch of salt, black pepper and chopped parsley.
- Brush the cream well until it is as homogeneous as possible. We observe the density and, optionally, we can add more vegetable milk or water to taste to make it more liquid or creamy.
I recommend that the cream be soft, light and more liquid, so that the combination with chickpeas and sweet potato is not too dense.
While baking the sweet potato, prepare the peanut sauce.
- When we have our sauce ready, let it rest at room temperature.
- We will continue preparing the garbanzo beans. We take our cooked chickpeas and spice them with the same spices that we have used for the sweet potato: garlic powder, parsley and black pepper.
- After 40 minutes, remove the sweet potatoes from the oven without turning it off. With the help of a spoon or a knife, we empty a small part of the inside of the sweet potato, to place the chickpeas. As you can see in the photo below.
We empty part of the interior of the sweet potato to place the chickpeas, then we bake it again for 10 minutes.
Add a squeeze of lemon on top and return the sweet potato to 10 minutes at 180 degrees.
- After 10 minutes they are ready! Remove them from the oven and add a little peanut sauce on top. Serve them hot!
Share With Your Friends!!