In my day to day I usually eat very simple recipes, in fact I cook more and more simply and I leave the more elaborate recipes for special occasions or for the weekends.
When I make a rice recipe, I usually cook it separately and at the end I mix it with the rest of the ingredients to save time, because I can take the opportunity to prepare both things at the same time and the rice usually takes less time to be ready.
- 1/2 taza de arroz integral (100 g)
- Aceite de oliva virgen extra al gusto
- 4 dientes de ajo laminados
- 1/2 pimiento rojo en tiras
- 1/2 taza de judías verdes congeladas (70 g)
- 1/2 taza de habas congeladas (70 g)
- 1/2 taza de alcachofas congeladas (70 g)
- 1 tomate troceado
- 1 cucharadita de pimentón dulce
- 2 cucharaditas de romero seco
- 2 cucharaditas de tomillo seco
- 1 cucharadita de cúrcuma en polvo
- Pimienta negra molida al gusto
- Limón (opcional)
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package (I used 1 cup of water or 250 ml and it was ready in 25 minutes, although the water and cooking time vary depending on the brand.)
- En Add the oil to a paella pan, deep frying pan or pot and when it is hot, add the garlic cloves and the pepper. Cook over medium-high heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the beans, broad beans, and artichokes. Cook for about 10 more minutes.
- Add the tomato (I don’t remove the skin) and cook for 10 minutes.
- Finally, add the strained brown rice, the rest of the ingredients (except the lemon), stir and cook for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- I like to serve it with lemon and add a splash of juice when I already have the rice on the plate.