Very good to all! Today I come with one of those dishes that people like so much around here: a recipe for beginners. It is one of my classics in the kitchen, but with a small variation. I bring you my recipe to prepare Rice with soy sauce, mushrooms and artichokes accompanied by grilled potatoes.
In this case I used some organic artichokes that they gave me, but if you don’t know how to peel or cook them at home, you can use canned artichokes, you just have to skip the step of cooking the artichokes. Even so, in case you dare to use raw artichokes and you don’t know how to cook them, I’ll tell you:
1 cup of long rice
2 large potatoes
Step by step
- We will start by removing the leaves and cutting the artichokes to cook them. If you don’t know how to do it, I’ll explain it in detail above.
- Put them in a pot with plenty of boiling water, and cook them until they turn dark and have a tender texture. To know if they are ready, you can go through the base with a knife. If you go through it without any problem, it’s time to remove them.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, heat a splash of olive oil and sauté two sliced garlic cloves.
- When they are toasted, add the chopped onion and sliced mushrooms.
- Sauté over medium heat until the onion acquires a tender texture and a golden color.
- At that time, add to the pan the artichokes cut into halves, which should already be cooked.
- Sauté over medium heat, adding more olive oil if necessary. Saute until the artichoke begins to look golden.
- Next, add the cup of long-grain rice and lower the heat to low power. Saute the rice, moving it constantly so that it doesn’t burn.
- After two minutes, add a generous splash of soy sauce, until all the rice is impregnated and it acquires a dark brown colour.
- Continue, adding 1 and a half cups of water, distributing it throughout the pan.
- Stir everything and keep it over medium heat, in bring to a gentle boil.
- We will not stir again.
- Let all the water consume slowly.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the potatoes into large cubes . We put them to cook in abundant water until they become tender.
- When the rice water has already been consumed, we check the hardness of the grain. I recommend adding another 1/2 cup of water if the grain is harder than you like. Without stirring, we leave it until it is consumed again.
- When the rice is ready, turn off the heat and let it rest.
- I took the opportunity to grill the cooked potatoes , with olive oil, so that they are tender on the inside but toasty on the outside, although this is optional.
- We serve the rice with a small portion of potatoes… And that’s it!
< li>Remove and sauté for 2 minutes over medium-low heat, moving constantly so that it does not burn.