Rice is one of my favorite ingredients, I would be happy in an Asian country eating rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner, I think I would not get bored because I love its flavor, texture and also because there are a thousand different recipes that we can make so as not to get tired.
I wanted to prepare something different and I found this rice with raisins and pine nuts, which looked incredible, although as always, I made some changes to adapt the recipe to my tastes and to what I had in the kitchen. The result was spectacular. I’m not a big fan of raisins, but in this recipe they are very tasty. If you don’t like them, you can replace them with dates or simply eliminate this ingredient.
- 2 cucharaditas de aceite de oliva virgen extra
- 2 dientes de ajo
- 1/2 cebolla
- 35 g de piñones crudos o tostados (1/4 de taza)
- 45 g de pasas (1/4 de taza)
- 2 puñados de kale o col rizada (40 g)*
- 100 g de arroz Sabroz (1/2 taza)
- 750 ml de agua o caldo de verduras (3 tazas)
- 1 cucharadita de curry en polvo
- 1/2 cucharadita de sal marina
- Pimienta negra al gusto
- Put the oil in a pot, paellera or deep frying pan and when it is hot add the laminated garlic and the chopped onion. Cook over medium-high heat until they start to brown.
- Add the pine nuts, raisins, and kale and cook for a couple of minutes.
- When the rice is to our liking, remove it from the heat and let it rest for 5 minutes before to serve.
< li id="instruction-step-3">Add the rest of the ingredients, stir and cook for about 20 minutes or until the rice is ready. Check the rice from time to time in case it needs more water or broth.
* You can also use spinach, chard or any other leafy green