Very good to all! We continue with this intense round of daily recipes. Today I bring you one of the recipes that you have requested the most from networks: the rice bowl with mushroom sauce and miso. With lots and lots of mushroom sauce. Creamy like no other and with a unique flavor.
Let me tell you beforehand that I’m putting out a lot of dishes because soon I’ll be away for a couple of weeks traveling (we’ll travel through Istanbul and then I’ll spend a few days in Madrid) and I want to create content so that my absence for the blog. Similarly, if you follow me on Instagram you can see everything about the trip, including what I will be eating in istanbul It’s going to be fun, don’t miss it.
1 cup of rice (2 people)
100 gr of mushrooms
Red miso paste
1 can of coconut milk (200 ml)
2 Bay leaves
Step by step
- In a pan, sauté the chopped onion with olive oil, greasing the base of the pan.
- Poach it over low heat, so that it becomes tender without burning.
- When it is poached, add the mushrooms in thin slices.
- Keep it over medium-low heat, so that it sautés gently. Stir periodically.
- On the other hand, in a pot, sauté a sliced garlic with hot olive oil.
- Keep it over low heat so that the garlic roasts gently and give it round and round to brown on both sides.
- Return to the pan. When the mushrooms are already golden, add the coconut milk. We mix.
- Add two pinches of cumin, two pinches of garlic powder, two pinches of black pepper and 3 pinches of nutmeg. Salt to taste.
- Mix and keep over low heat. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring periodically.
- Then we return to the pot. The garlic will already be toasted, so add the raw rice and stir.
- Keep the heat on low, stirring the rice. 2 minutes.
- Next, add 2 cups of water and 1/3 cup more (we measure the water with the same cup as the rice).
- Add 2 bay leaves and stir.
- Keep the pot over medium heat, bringing to a very gentle boil. No need to stir the rice anymore. We will leave it like this until it consumes all the water.
- We return to the pan. The sauce should already have thickened slightly, so turn it off, stir a little and add 2 tsp miso. You can add more if you wish.
- Stir until the pasta dissolves very well, with which the sauce will acquire that creamy brown tone.
- In a bowl, put a base of rice and add generous mushroom sauce on top. And ready! Serve it hot.
- Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram