I am in love with this rice pudding mousse! Seriously, it’s out of this world. If you like rice pudding, you will love it because it tastes the same and is very creamy, especially if you add coconut milk, which gives it the final touch.
It doesn’t have to be Christmas to enjoy this mousse, but you will succeed if you prepare it for any of the Christmas feasts and best of all, everyone will love it, even people who are not used to eating vegan desserts. I guarantee it!
- The night before, put down the milk can of coconut in the fridge.
- Put all the ingredients in a pot (except the sugar and coconut milk) and cook over high heat until it starts to boil.
- Cook over medium high heat for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the sugar and cook for 5 more minutes or until the rice is done.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and lemon peel.
- Open the can of coconut and you will see a solid layer on top that has been separated from the liquid, we are only going to use the solid part, the milk can be reserved to make smoothies, porridge, purees, curries, etc.
- In a blender, beat the rice pudding with the solid part of the coconut milk until you obtain a mousse consistency. If it’s too thick, add a little more soy milk or coconut milk liquid, whichever you prefer.
- Serve in a large bowl or bowls small and let cool slightly at room temperature and then in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours, although it’s better overnight.
- To decorate ourselves we add a little cinnamon powder, Goji berries and chopped almonds.