Very good to all! Today I bring you one of those recipes with easy, fast tofu, rich in vegetable protein that I like so much.
am sure that many people will come to this post looking for recipes with tofu because they feel that «obligation» to eat tofu when they become vegetarian or vegan, so the first thing I will say in this post is: «relax, if not eat tofu because you don’t like it, you can still be a vegetarian and not die trying». And it seems that there is a widespread belief that you have to eat tofu being a vegetarian, because it is the only source of vegetable protein that can “replace meat”, but that is not the case. Another interesting source of vegetable protein is legumes, and here in this blog I have many recipes with legumes.
200 grams of white tofu
Step by step
- Cut the tofu into medium-sized cubes
- Place them on a clean cloth and dry them, pressing gently until moisture is removed from the tofu
- Place them in a deep dish and bathe them with soy sauce until half the height of the tacos is covered
- Add generously sweet paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and a pinch of hot paprika and parsley.
- Mix and let marinate for 30 minutes, turning and turning repeatedly to coat all sides well.
- After 30 minutes, remove the tacos from the remaining sauce
- Reserve the sauce and salt the tacos in the pan, with a drizzle of olive oil, until the exterior is browned. Do not put it on a very high heat so that the soy sauce does not burn, which can ooze the tofu, keep it on medium heat.
- Meanwhile, cut the mushrooms into slices and finely chop the onion. li>
- Sauté the onion and mushrooms in another pan until golden brown.
- Serve the onion, mushrooms and tofu on top on a plate. Top with the sauce left over from the marinade, a pinch of parsley and serve hot.