Very good to all! I’m back from our trip to Istanbul and I’m really looking forward to homemade, healthy and light food. In my city the weather is beginning to be more spring-like, so I have taken the opportunity to introduce some milder dishes…And this is what I ate today! I have prepared a Quinoa Salad with mango sauce.
It is a very easy and different salad, it goes far beyond the typical lettuce, onion and tomato salads! It is a very varied salad that is rich in protein (it contains chickpeas and tofu, two ingredients high in vegetable protein) and is also high in fiber. Very satiating, 100% vegetable and healthy.
100 grams of quinoa
Soft or soft tofu
5 tablespoons of cooked chickpeas
Frozen broad beans
1 very ripe mango
Step by step
- Bring the beans to boil in plenty of boiling water. The cooking time if you use frozen broad beans like me is 5-8 min.
- In another pot, cook the quinoa. The proportion of water to cook quinoa is usually 1 quinoa – 3 water, so using 100 gr of quinoa you will have to use 300 ml of water. Although this can change depending on the brand. You will know that it is well cooked when the grain has opened and you can see something transparent.
- When both ingredients are cooked, run them through cold water and reserve.
- Slice the mushrooms and sauté them with a pinch of olive oil. Reserve.
- Meanwhile, peel the mango and blend it until you get a smooth and very creamy sauce. Reserve it.
- Now, place a base of spinach and arugula in a bowl, add the quinoa, chopped walnuts, tofu in small cubes, the broad beans, the tomato cut into wedges, the sautéed mushrooms and the cooked chickpeas.
- Add a pinch of salt and olive oil to the quinoa salad and stir.
- Next, season with the mango sauce. And ready!