In my house they have always eaten quite simple and traditional salads, but since I started cooking I have liked to experiment and try new recipes. I had the quinoa salad pending because I had never prepared it nor had I tried it and I am sure there will be a second time because it is delicious.
Quinoa is very easy to prepare, in fact it is cooked like rice. Once it is cold (you can let it cool to room temperature or if you are in a hurry or as impatient as I am, add cold water) you can use your favorite ingredients and the dressing that you like the most. I have put: corn, carrot, cherry tomatoes, black olives and avocado.
- 1/2 taza de quinoa sin cocinar (100 g)
- 1/4 taza de maíz (35 g)
- 1/4 taza de zanahoria (40 g)
- 12 tomates cherry
- 12 aceitunas negras
- 1 aguacate
- Aceite de oliva virgen extra
- Wash the quinoa well before cooking to remove saponins (a bitter substance used to make soap).
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Let cool or add cold water.
- In a bowl, add the quinoa and the rest of the ingredients. Season with extra virgin olive oil to taste.